Thursday, March 3, 2011

Card for a Special Person

When I saw this sketch on Raq's Card Challenge, this card just fell into place.  My sister-in-law has been battling ovarian cancer since 2008.  She is on her 4th chemo protocol and it's been a struggle.  I take her to all of her chemo appointments.  It's a strange way to have a girls' day out, but looking at it that way makes it easier to handle (for both of us).  Anyway, she is the one who introduced me to cardmaking and the Cricut.  Since she isn't able to do too much crafting anymore, she crafts vicariously through me.  I made this card for her - purple is the ribbon color for ovarian cancer, hence the color choices.

The ovals were cut with Nestabilities and I used the Swiss Dots and Seeing Spots embossing folders.  I didn't have the right color flowers so I sprayed off-white ones with Shimmerz Spritz and added Stickles to the centers. I have not been a fan of the all sprays and spritzes.  I always seemed to get splotches.  Elizabeth (Make up Girl 217) suggested putting b-b's in the bottle and swirling to mix.  Wow!  that really worked and I didn't get any blotches.  I may use my sprays more often now.

I would love it if you'd keep my dear sister-in-law in your thoughts. 

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

3 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Beautiful card! Definitely sending good vibes and prayers your SIL's way.

Stacy said...

Larelyn,
Very pretty card. Will keep you SIL in my prayers
Hugs
Stacy

Caprice said...

Hi Larelyn,
You did a beautiful job on this. She is going to love it!
She is in my prayers.
Take care,
Caprice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...