Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Quick Tip for You

Today is my Quick Tip Tuesday at Fantabulous Cricut so I decided to share my tip here as well.  Last week I shared an idea I found on the internet about stamping on a piece of acetate first and then moving the image around your project until you find the perfect spot.  Then you'll know exactly where you want to stamp the image - cool idea, huh?  You can see pictures at FCCB in the Quick Tip Tuesday archives.
Anyway, I got to thinking about that idea and came up with another way to use acetate (I actually use a transparency, but you can use the plastic packaging from your cartridges, etc.).  I have so much fabulous patterned paper, but I'm never sure exactly where to cut it in order to use it as a mat or background for my cards.  I thought, "What if I made a template that I could move around the patterned paper?  Then I'd know where to cut and probably stop wasting my wonderful papers." Hmmmmmmmm???
So, here goes:







I know I'll be using this template a lot. 
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll find this to be a useful idea.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it...such a great idea...I will need to find some acetate :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Great tip.. thanks for sharing hugs

cricaholic said...

OH MY GOSH!!! What a neat idea!!! TFS

Glenda said...

Another great tip Larelyn but I have gorgeous papers that I can not make myself cut! I will try though! :-)
Hugs!
Glenda

Marissa said...

TFS! Great idea!
rissaflor at yahoodotcom

Kristie Maynard said...

What a great idea! Thanks for this tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...