Saturday, July 30, 2011

Just a Note

It's so nice to be back.  The family had a very difficult week.  My wonderful sister-in-law passed away on Monday, July 25.  Her services were yesterday and now we're all trying to put our lives back on track while learning to live without her.  It will be very difficult.  She battled so hard and with such dignity.  Her absolute faith ensures that she is watching over all of us now.

Today's card is very simple.  I had to pack away much of my craft room for the past few weeks and am slowly bringing things back.  I'm trying to purge, but I still have that "I want it all" mentality, so I'm thinking it will all be in here - oh well.
I was working on a technique for the next FCCB Quick Tip Tuesday.  Can you guess what tip I'm sharing?  You'll know if you're correct when you visit Fantabulous Cricut on Tuesday.
The patterned papers are from my scrap drawer.  The flower was fussy-cut from a piece of patterned paper.  Then sentiment and flourish are acrylic stamps.

I hope you'll drop back by on Monday for FCCB's Challenge Me Monday.  I used the Groovy Times cartridge for the first time.  It's a fun cartridge with easy layers.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

4 comments:

Julie said...

Sorry for your loss.

Glenda said...

Hi Larelyn, Sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and family during this time.
Card is cute! Love the pattern papers!
Hugs and take care!
Glenda

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Larelyn, I am so sorry to hear the news about your SIL. I know you will always cherish the time you were able to spend with her over the last few weeks. Your card is lovely and it will probably do you a world of good to get back into the crafting that you love so much. I pray that your family stays strong in the knowledge that your SIL is finally at rest, no longer in pain, and watching over you all.

Kristie Maynard said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you have been right by her side through all this and now she will be right by your side in all you do. The assurance of where she is must be a big help in healing.
This card is beautiful, simple and lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...