Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Colors of Fall

Hello and Happy Thursday! As you're reading this, I'm on an airplane heading for a birthday weekend with my oldest daughter who lives in Lubbock, Texas. She has a lot planned for our girl-time: softball games, Texas Tech Homecoming, movies, and who knows what else. I'm so excited, I can't wait to get there. But enough about my fun plans.

Today is challenge day at Delightful Challenges. Wendy asked us to design something representing fall colors. I started with the Sunflower Background and added two images from the Fall Accessories Set. All of the digital images I used can be found at Digital Delights by Louby Lou.



The patterned papers are from Reminisce. The leaf brads and ribbon are from my stash. I made this card a 5 x 7 so I had plenty of room for the images which are colored with Copics. I decided to leave the picket fence white although I did add just a hint of W00 even if you can't tell from the picture. The cut-out images are placed using 1/4" and 1/8" foam dimensionals so they'd stand out a bit.

I hope you'll join in the challenge by linking your project to the Delightful Challenges blog post.Our prize this week is a $20 in-store gift certificate from


Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

5 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

fab creation, just love how it all fits together!
Hugs Shell xx

Stacy said...

Larelyn,
I love it. The colors are fantastic
Hugs, Stacy

Lisa Foster said...

This is fabulous Larelyn! I love your adorable design!
Hugs,
Lisa

NancyD said...

I love sunflowers and this image is one of my favorites. Nice card! NancyD

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Beautiful fall colors and images Larelyn! The patterned paper is perfect. The ribbon and little leaf brads are great accents. I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter...enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...