Thursday, July 9, 2020

Cut It Up Challenge #204 ~ Create Your Own Background Paper


Hi Crafty Friends,

We have a really fun challenge for you at Cut it Up Challenge Blog.
We want to see you create your own background paper.

I had fun with this one.  I'm trying to expand my blending and stamping skills so here's what I created.



I blended Distress Ink onto some Papertrey Ink white paper.  Then I die cut the slimline frame using a metallic paper(Whimsy Stamps) and placed it over the blended paper to determine the placement for the panels.  I used Jaded Blossom's Spring Splatters for the top and bottom panel, stamping on top of the blended background.  I used the slimline die again to cut each panel from the section I wanted.  Finally, I added these adorable cacti from Cute Cacti (Whimsy Stamps) and added a LaLa Land Crafts cloud and some grass clusters.  The sentiment also came from the Cute Cacti set.  I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops and called it done.

I hope you'll play along with us.  Be sure to visit the Cut It Up blog to see even more amazing backgrounds!


5 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

So fun how you created a different background for each scene! So, cute in the long, vertical style!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Larleyn! I love this slimline layout and the cool shaped die cuts that you used at the scene builders! This card has so much interest and the brown base was the perfect design choice to offset everything! I really like this card!
Rachelle : )

CA Scrapper said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors, very pretty.

Leslie

Treva said...

Like your slim card, great job with the blending and stamping.

Sherri Thacker said...

I love this layout and all your coloring you did. So pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...