Friday, July 31, 2020

Pearly Sparkles August Challenge ~ Anything Goes

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's August!!!  So far 2020 has NOT been a good year for our family so I'm hoping August will give us a break and be full of love, joy, and CRAFTING!!

For our Pearly Sparkles August challenge it's ANYTHING GOES.
No excuses, now, show us what you've got LOL.

I've been wanting to venture out beyond Copic coloring so I've been adding to my water colors collection.  I just bought Karin Brush markers and after watching a number of videos, decided to give them a try.
Here's my project.



I'm happy with the results but definitely need to keep "playing."
I stamped the image onto water color paper then smooshed the panel onto a glass craft mat on which I had applied several marker colors and then spritzed with water.  I used my heat tool to dry the panel and then began applying the markers using the smooshed-on colors for inspiration.  I used a water color brush pen to pull out the marker color.  Water coloring is certainly a lot more forgiving than Copics  so I really need to loosen up!

I hope you'll share with us this month.  Just follow the link above.
Have fun, experiment, show us something you love ♥



1 comment:

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

So pretty! Love what you did with the brush markers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...