Monday, August 10, 2020

Masculine Sympathy Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

My hubby asked me to create a sympathy card for a long time friend who recently passed away.

I think sympathy cards are often difficult because so much emotion is involved.
Hubby wanted something that was representative of his friend.  His friend loved to fish so I used this amazing DoveArt (for Whimsy Stamps) stamp to create this card.


I have used this image (Large Mouth Bass) before and colored it with Copic markers.  This time I just stamped it with colored Momento ink and then heat embossed it.

To create the background I first blended Distress Ink Weathered Wood onto Cryogen paper.  Then I stamped and heat embossed the image.  I placed the LaLa Land Crafts Water Ripples Stencil over the image and ink blended again with the same Distress Ink.  I really like the effect of the background.
I used LaLa Land Crafts Stitched Build-a-Frame Dies and  LLLC Wood Planks Background Stamp set to create the picture frame.  I ink blended Distress Ink Vintage Photo onto kraft paper, cut out the frame pieces, then inked up the background stamp using Distress Ink Walnut Stain and stamped the pieces.  For the sentiment, I used Jaded Blossom Simple Sayings.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto a gold metallic tag I cut using JB Mini Tag Dies 2.  I think adding the gold brads really make it look like a picture frame plate.  Finally, I added some twine with a gold leaf charm.
I matted the "framed picture" onto gold metallic and added that to the card base.

I'm pleased that this sympathy card has a personal touch representative of the man who passed.

Thanks for stopping by,



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...