Friday, November 3, 2023

Cut it Up Challenge #290 ~ Layer it Up

Hi Crafty Friends,

Time for a new Cut it Up Challenge and it's one of my favorites ~ Layer it Up.
Layering is one crafty technique that I use on almost every one of my projects.

Here's my card using images and a sentiment created using the Spellbinders' Betterpress.
It's my newest crafty toy and I'm loving it.  I've never used the letterpress process but this new tool really makes it easy.


I began by inking up a Ranger Water Color panel using Distress Inks.  I added Archival Burgandy ink to my Betterpress plate to get the leaf images.  After using the companion dies to cut out the leaves, I used water and a brush to add splatters and a little color release.  Using the water color paper allows the Betterpress to give a deep stamped impression.  I also used a Betterpress plate for the sentiment stamping and pressing on gold foil paper.  It's been fun experimenting with different papers, inks, and other mediums to create some interesting results.  
I hope you'll join in our challenge and show us your Layered Up project.
Just follow the link above.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Very pretty! I love your rich autumn colors and the shine from the gold!

Gerda said...

What a pretty card!! Love the color combo and te gorgeous leaves!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...