Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Christmas Card Throwdown ~ Technique Challenge


Hi Crafty Friends,

I'm really enjoying taking part in the Christmas Card Throwdown challenges.
This week is a technique challenge.  The technique?  Recycle!!!

Here's the card I'm entering in the challenge.


The challenge description suggested recycling packaging, buttons, ribbon, cards, paper, etc. and to state what was used.  I actually recycled the front panel of a card we received last Christmas.
Here's the card we received.
It is not a handmade card which really surprised me.  Isn't it unique?
For my recycled card, I cut off the front layer and popped it up on a mat to which I'd added stenciled gold stars.  I popped that onto a piece of gold linen card stock and then onto the card base.

I can't wait to send it next year.  Maybe to the family that sent it to us?  Do you think they'd recognize what I did?

Photobucket

3 comments:

AlisonC said...

That card was too good to throw away. You've really made a wonderful new card with it. It would be funny to send it to the same family! Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Andreja said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous :-)) I like your recycling ... great card!
Thanks for joining in with us at the 52CCT this week.

Rosmarie said...

You did a awesome recycling project, Larelyn! I think that the family that sent it to you would never recognize it! Great job!!
Thank you for playing with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.
Rosi xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...