Friday, April 22, 2022

Cut it Up Challenge #250 ~ April Showers Bring May Flowers

Hi Crafty Friends,

Our latest challenge at Cut it Up Challenge Blog is so timely.  As I'm sitting here typing, I'm watching the wonderful showers nourishing our landscaping.  It's a wonderful sight in draught-ridden California.
We'd like to see your interpretation of our April Showers, May Flowers theme.

Here's my project using a stamp and die set, Wildflower, from our sponsor
Pink & Main.


Since we received the die set with the stamp set I thought it would be fun to experiment with the idea of paper piecing.  I did eliminate one flower in order to fit the A2 size card I wanted to make.
I added accents using Prisma pencils and Gamsol to blend.  I also added some Nuvo drops and Stickles.
The clouds a die cuts from LaLa Land Crafts and the raindrop stencil and sentiment are from Jaded Blossom.  It's a little different way to use the stamp but with its bold stamped lines I think it works.

Thanks for taking a look.  I hope you'll play along.  Just link to the CIU link above.
Remember, you must use a die cut on your project.



4 comments:

Treva said...

Nice card, love the idea of paper piercing and the total design.

ScrappyHorses said...

Beautiful paper piecing and the rain pattern is perfect for our challenge! So happy you are seeing rain where you are as I know you need it! Enjoy the lovely showers!

Heather said...

This is so pretty! Love how you paper pieced the flowers, and the raindrop background is perfect!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the gorgeous flower and the pretty background!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...