Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas is coming!

My daughter's flight was delayed on Sunday giving me a little extra time to complete two cards before leaving for the airport.  Now it's raining, so I figured I'd take the time to post, hoping the rain will let up before we head out to do a little shopping.

The first card is is the wreath from my new Gingerbread cartridge. It has a simple, primitive look with the inking, hemp, and kraft paper.
The next card was for Santa's Slackers.  I wanted to use ornament hangers, but they were too big so I crafted my own for the card.  The stars are cut from Christmas Cheer, both base and shadow, and then popped on the background paper.



OK, so this isn't a card, but it is a new addition to our family.  My husband has trained and run bird dogs for years.  He no longer competes, but he is an avid waterfowl and upland bird hunter.  He has a lab that has been his hunting companion for 9 years.  Now we've added Yaller, a two year old English Pointer.  The dogs keep him busy and active and it gives me all the time I want in my craft room.  Can it get any better than that?


Have a marvelous Thankgiving.  That means Christmas is ONE month away - woohoo, better get busy.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Larelyn,

I have picked you to recieve a blog award! Please stop by my blog to accept the award.

Rachel
http://backporchcreations.blogspot.com/

Georgiana said...

Your cards are perfect. I like how the stars are dangling. Your dog is wonderful. Would love to hear more.

Georgiana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...