Sunday, November 14, 2010

Peace

I'm enjoying the Christmas cartridge that was a free Gypsy download.  This week's Santa's Slackers challenge was simply to make a card with a tree.  I wanted a more realistic scene for my card so I used this cut found on row 5 of the Christmas cartridge.  I cut the shadow, 2 images (so I could use two different papers), and the layer of snow (shift key).  The star is found with the tree in row 3 (shift key).  I used the hide contour feature on the Gypsy so that only the star cut. Again, I cut two so that I could use two different papers. 
To complete the card, I embossed the larger tree with the Victorian embossing folder, the small tree with Tiny Mosaic, the snow with Swiss Dots, and the background with Snowflake.  My Cuttlebug got a workout on this one!  I applied Stickles to add a little starlight to the scene.  "Peace" seemed the most appropriate sentiment.

I hope you enjoyed your Veteran's holiday.  Now the sprint towards Christmas begins!!

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...