Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Darling Daughter

 
Today is my oldest (I'm sure she's hating THAT term) daughter's birthday.  Since she's in Texas and I'm in California, her gifts have to be sent.  I do try to add a little creativity so here's what I sent.
I made the accordion book using the Mini Book cartridge (which was featured on My Paper Crafting's Cartridge Showcase Monday).
 



 
I cut everything at 3 inches for the envelope and accordion pages.  Then I cut 3 extra sets of pages in gray, patterned paper, and white at 2.75 inches.  That gave me 3 sets of mats to choose from and all I had to do was cut apart the ones I wanted and adhere them to the base pages - sure made matting easy and perfectly sized!  All the papers and embellishments are Cloud 9 (on sale at J's, woohoo!).  The stamps are CTMH- part of the Cricut companion collection.
I really like the way this album folds up and "latches" itself and then slips nicely into the envelope which is large enough to hold the mini that has mats and embellies on each section.
 
Along with the gift cards, I included aroma therapy bath products, an electric wine opener, and a box of hand selected See's Candies (they can't buy See's in Lubbock!).
 
Happy Birthday, Aly. 
You are so loved and make us proud to be your parents everyday.
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Karon said...

This is gorgeous - what a wonderful elegant gift for your daughter, makes it a keepsake too :-) Have a great week.

Lisa said...

Happy birthday to your daughter, Larelyn!! What a gorgeous project!! I absolutely love the design!! It looks fabulous!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

NanaConnie said...

Love the black, gray, and white combo, Larelyn! So elegant. My DD and her family used to live in TX but moved back to So Cal about 3 years ago. Funny how I still fly down to see them instead of driving. :-D

Chriss America Real said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! I am sure she will LOVE your present!

Hugs,

Chriss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...