Sunday, September 21, 2014

Watercolor Background Using Copic Markers

Hi Crafty Friends,
Today is my turn for Hostess Monday at Digital Delights by Louby Loo.  I'm going to share a Delightful image and a Copic technique that you might want to try.   For my card today I've created a watercolor-like background using Copic markers.  The image is Candy Cane Jingles.  I used the pre colored version.


Candy Cane Jingles (colored)Candy Cane Jingles

Now, let's see how this watercolor technique is done:
 Gather your card making materials including a small plastic cup, Copic Various Ink - blending solution, a paint brush, and a piece of acetate (I use the packaging from different craft products.)


 Add the blending solution to your cup and scribble your Copic color of choice on the actetate,  You can use a darker color with this method.  I've chosen BG75

 Dip your brush into the blending solution and then pick up some ink from the acetate.  Apply to the background of your image.  If it's too dark, add more blending solution.  If it's too light, pick up more ink.  You can mask your image if you'd like.  I use Cryogen paper so I know how the ink moves and I just work the ink close to the image.  If you use a more coarse paper, it might bleed into the image so test it first.


 The purpose of this method is to get a watercolor-like background in which the color has many shades (using just the one color).  Keep working with the ink and the solution until you get a background that is pleasing to your eye.  Let it dry (it will lighten with drying)


Now you're ready to mount your image and finish your card.  You can use this same method to color your image if you want a watercolor  appearance.  I hope you give it a try.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

Fun technique!! Super cute card.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com
*Crafting With Creative M*


Jane Savage said...

Great technique, Larelyn and such a cute card! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...