Friday, November 19, 2021

Cut it Up Challenge #239 ~ CASE a card

Hi Crafty Friends,

We have a fun challenge for you at Cut it Up Challenge Blog.
We were asked to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a card. 

 I love to explore the card groups on Facebook and Pinterest and when I find something I'd like to recreate I pin it or take a screen shot.
I think our fellow crafters offer our best inspiration so WHEN CREDIT IS GIVEN, I think it's the greatest compliment.

For this challenge I found a card that I thought was fabulous but sadly it was not watermarked and I can't remember where I saw it so I can't give credit to the original designer.

DRS Designs is our sponsor for this challenge and we were provided a stamp to create our CASE card.  The stamp came to me in digital format so it was a bit tricky to create the background for this card but I think it turned out OK.

Here's my card.

I resized and reoriented the branch multiple times in Word and then printed it out on colored card stock.
After die cutting it to size I did a little ink blending for some added interest.  The wood slice is a die set from Impression Obsession.  The embossed part of the die didn't show well so I used the wood ring stamp in the Wood Slice 1 set from Jaded Blossom and then recut it.  The sentiment is a Jaded Blossom Word die cut out of gold foiled paper and placed on velum.  I attached the velum using twine.

It was a bit of an experiment with the branches since I don't have a lot of editing skills in Word.  Maybe the next time I'll create the background in Silhouette Studio, but I hadn't downloaded the software to my new computer yet.

Here's my inspiration card.  If you recognize it, please let me know so I can give credit.  I guess I can offer this as a lesson in the importance of watermarking our work before posting.




I hope you'll play along with us.





4 comments:

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the background and the pretty wood slice!! Love it!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

ScrappyHorses said...

Great take on this design! Wonderful colors and your branches are perfect!

CA Scrapper said...

Such a gorgeous card. I love the background!

Have a great weekend,
Leslie

Treva said...

Beautiful card,, love your take on the card that you cased!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...