Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Make Us Laugh!

Everyone needs a good giggle - don't you agree?  This week the Cooking with Cricut gals are creating things that will bring a smile to your face, whether it's a pun, a joke, or just a funny card.  Here's my design team card:


I love the sentiment and the idea of the card.  I'm not sure if it turned out quite like I pictured it in my mind, but I think it will be ok for a masculine or kid's card.  The images were cut from the Old West cartridge.  I cut two of each so I could stagger them and then add foam dimensionals for a little more pop.  The sentiment (K Andrew Designs - All About Animals) is heat embossed. 
A little inking, highlighting with a black pen, and a jute bow and the card is done.

You can join in the fun and bring a little laughter to your bloggie friends by linking up to this week's challenge at Cooking with Cricut.   The winner of the challenge receives a digital stamp or cutfile from Paper Crafting World as well as a fabulous Top Chef button for your blog!  Now you can't beat that can you?  Come on, join us.  We'd love to have you play along.  Don't forget to use a Cricut cut somewhere on your project.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn




9 comments:

Charlotte said...

larelyn, This is so fun. I love that you used the jute. And the inking is a perfect touch!
Charlotte

Jen said...

Fun card, Larelyn! Great card for a guy or a kiddo -- love the inking and the jute.

~ Jen

kimmiluxich said...

SSSsup? Larelyn! I love this card! The sentiment is a knock out!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh...what fun! I am terrified of snakes, but must admit that yours is kinda cute! I love the inking and twine...super cute!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Yes, i agree this will make a wonderful masculine card Larelyn.. hugs from ukiah

Michelle said...

This is so cute, Larelyn (hey I finally spelled your name correctly....so sorry from before...don't know where that "a" always comes from) I LOVE this and think it would be great to give to anyone to make them smile...it does me every time I see it!

Hugs,
Michelle

Heather May Holbrook said...

Oh my gosh your sentiment is SOO clever!! (or should I say sssso clever, lol!) love it!!
Hugs!
Heather P :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

SSSSO funny! Love the snake and the jute.

Unknown said...

Okay I hate snakes! The only thing I am truely freaked out about! ;) But this snake is so cute I think I could actually like him ;) Cute card!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...