Sunday, June 7, 2015

Beach Babe Britt

Hi Crafty Friends,
Today is my day to share a Hostess Monday project for Digital Delights by Louby Loo.
I have been on a shaker card kick having learned an easy way to make shaker cards that are relatively flat so they're easy to mail.
The image for my card is Beach Babe Britt.

The shaker part is a made from a piece of cellophane bag.  I cut out the center of the sun with the circle part of the die cut after cutting and mounting the rays on the card.  The circle was cut all the through the layers including the card base - a little bit tricky because it was so thick.  Then I taped the circle die onto the piece of cellophane bag and partially sealed it with the WRMK Fuse tool just following around the outside of the die.  Then I filled the pocket with sequins and finished sealing it with the Fuse.  The pocket is adhered between the mats and card base.  The inside mat shows through to provide a background color for the shaker pocket.  Here is a link to the tutorial where I learned this technique:
http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2015/04/video-window-shaker-card-blog-hop-giveaway.html

Along with "Britt", I've used Jaded Blossom's Spring Dies 2 for the sun and Tropical Dies for the seashell and sand.  The cloud paper is from Echo Park.  Britt is colored with Copic markers.

I hope you've enjoyed my card.  You can use almost any die shape to create the shaker pocket.  Give it try - it's so much fun.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Super sweet! Love the shaker you made too :)

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH! This is just DARLING! LOVE that it's a shaker but that sweet image of the girl on the beach... just too CUTE! :) Have A Wonderful Day!


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! She's so sweet!! I love the shaker sun!! What a fabulous card this is, Larelyn!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maire Gamber said...

How cute! I ordered the Fuse about 5 days ago and eagerly await happy mail to arrive at my door! Beautiful card. How did you make the bag look like it is inflated with air? Love this!
Hugs, Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...