Sunday, April 22, 2018

Always Fun Challenges #55 ~ CAS (Clean and Simple)

Hi Crafty Friends,

For Always Fun Challenges this week, we're going Clean and Simple.

This is most often my style of choice.  
I wanted to try a new technique for my project.


I used a metal stencil (can be used for embossing or stenciling) and Distress Inks.
After taping the stencil onto my watercolor paper, I used a fingertip sponge dauber to apply the ink and a chalking tool to add the small areas of shadow.  Finally, I used a water brush to lightly blend each area.  When I removed the stencil, this is how it turned out.  I love this technique!  Being a stamp colorist, it's hard for me to color/paint without lines but I love the free look of water coloring.
This was a great solution until I get comfortable with this medium.

Just some matting and score lines for interest and I called it done.

Please follow the Always Fun link above to join our CAS challenge.

  
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...