Friday, January 21, 2011

Birthday Card with a Story Behind It

Happy Friday, Everyone.  I'm sharing my daughter's birthday card with you today.  I'll be mailing it on Monday along with a few more goodies that I'll be completing at tonight's crop.  Two years ago, when I met up with her while she was out on a recruiting trip in Southern CA, we went to several scrapbook stores in the area.  At first she just sat and waited while I explored the stores.  I suggested she look around and maybe pick out a few papers that she liked.  Well, she really got into it and the "few" turned into piles of papers!!  She discovered she had the same love (addiction?) for paper as her mother - yikes!  Anyway, I made this card using some of the papers she picked out on that trip.   I wonder if she'll recognize them - hmmmmmmmm?

The card is simple - the paper itself is the focal point.  I used punches for the tag - round and scalloped, some organdy ribbon and a stamped sentiment.


Have a wonderful weekend. 
Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

3 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Your daughter has great taste in paper! Your card is beautiful. I love the black and white with the burgandy. Super pretty. Happy birthday to her!

Sandy Palmer said...

Larelyn, what a beautiful card! You know how I feel about these colors you are using! :) I love the papers, and that bow is just wonderful!

Glenda said...

Larelyn, beautiful card and gorgeous papers! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...