Monday, January 30, 2012

3 x 3 Valentine

Wow! Can you believe it's almost February?

It's Monday so that means it's Challenge Me Monday at Fantabulous Cricut.  Our challenge this week is to create a 3 x 3 Valentine.  OH MY - I don't often do square OR small, so this challenge was a fun one for me.  Also, several of us on the design team received products from this week's sponsor,
to use with our creation.  I received Emma's stamp set, Classroom Valentines.  Each sentiment is circular with a cute image to stamp in the middle.  The middle stamps are separate so it's easy to change colors.
Here's my design:

I thought this paper from the DCWV All About Boys stack was the perfect companion for the stamp.  The square and heart layers were cut from George and Basic Shapes.

After looking at the card, I decided it would also make a cute lollipop holder so I cut and 3 x 7 piece of cardstock, scored on the long side at 3", 6" and 6.5".  I punched a small hole for the sucker stick, inserted the Carmel Apple sucker (yum!) and then taped it closed.

So, if you're not into small, square cards, you might want to try a lollipop holder.

You can play along with our challenge by linking up the the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday post. Be sure to use a Cricut cut.   Also there is a Design Team Call so be sure to read about it and consider applying.  FCCB has a wonderful group of designers and a FANTABULOUS leader in Robin.

NOTICE:  BrendaB - your name was selected as my blog candy winner from the Cards for Kids blog hop.  You didn't leave a way for me to contact you.  You have until Friday to send your contact information to lsuesart at aol dot com.  If any of you know BrendaB, please pass this on.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn





14 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo cute.
Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

Amy said...

Adorable- love that funny little zebra! :)Amy

Glenda said...

Very cute Larelyn! Love the background paper with the little zebra!
Glenda

DIANA L. said...

Cute card love the background paper.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

What a great idea-- love the lollipop holder! I might do these for my staff for Vday! Super cute!

Melanie Makes said...

I just love the coordinating paper with the stamp set. It is a perfect fit.
Melanie

Cathie Rigby said...

Lollipop Holder...amazing! Great job on the valentiny project so very cute. TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Sherrie K. said...

Your lolipop holder is awesome! I love the colors you chose and the layering is perfect:) I love this idea!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Larelyn,
This is such a great idea. I love the way yiu created it to hold a sucker. Great papers to go along with the stamp.
Charlotte

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute lollipop holder. Love all the layers and the stamp. Great papers for the stamp too.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful layered heart Valentine card/treat holder & you can never go wrong with adding a lollipop.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Kristie Maynard said...

Adorable card and I love the lollipop holder, great idea.
I've been out of town so have a lot of blog catching up to do. Looks like quite a few posts to check out here.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little set! Love all the layers. Thank you for the inspiration!

Happy Craftin'!
Jewels

Jennie Garcia said...

That lollipop holder is genius!! I love the card!! That zebra is too cute!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...