Friday, November 1, 2019

Cut it Up Challenge # 186 ~ Thanks, Thankful, Thanksgiving

Hi Crafty Friends,

We're THANKFUL at Cut it Up Challenges and we're hoping you'll share your Thankful projects with us this week.  The team is also using the SMOOSHING techique.  We hope you'll try it.

Our sponsor is Scrappy Dew who provided our files for this challenge.  I chose the Wreath Girl set for my project.


This is a cut file but I chose to upload the jpeg image to my Silhouette software, adjust the size, and then print it out on my Canon Printer.  I used my Scan n Cut2 to cut out the image.  

So, what is SMOOSHING?  It's the technique I used for the background.  You place ink on acetate and then "smoosh" the acetate onto your background paper.  I misplaced my alcohol inks so I used Distress Stains.  They made more of a splat that a smoosh but I rather liked the result so I rolled with it!  I finished off  with some Wink of Stella on her wreath and some twine.

I hope you'll join our challenge this week.  Just follow the link above.

Happy November!!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Vicki said...

So cute, Larelyn! I love the splattered smooshing of the background and the texture of the burlap twine and bow.

Sherri Thacker said...

I love how your smooshing came out like that!! I also love the added the twine with that unique triple bow!

Treva said...

Cute card, like the wreath doll and the use of twine.

ScrappyHorses said...

Your smooshing technique is great as the background for this cutie!

Rachelle Oltean said...

I really like the way your technique came out by using the stains instead of inks! The difference in the final appearance would work really well for underwater scenes! It looks like there are beautiful leaves falling around her! Beautiful!
Rachelle : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...