Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Blast from the Past

While I'm busy prioritizing my next set of projects, I thought I'd share a few cards that I made right after I got my Cricut Expression in September, 2009.  Things have sure changed since I started scrapping with my Baby Bug on the dining room table two years ago. Last year I moved to the desk in one of the spare bedrooms and emptied a closet that was all shelving. I sure filled that up quickly.  Now, the entire room is filled, and I do mean filled, with all things scrappy. 
I'm glad I took pictures of my cards.  I can see my progress as a cardmaker and I have something to share with you :).
This was a sketch for Raq's card challenge.  I think that Accent Essentials snowflake is my all time favorite. I used the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug emboosing folder then inked with silver.  The stems are handcut.

Our Cricut Card Fairy Commander moved into a new home.  This was her welcome home card.  I love the Stretch Your Imagination bird house.  The bee and its trail is a Pez-a-doodle stamp and skittle.  The flowers are Walk in My Garden.

The monkey is stamped betweet two SYI trees.  The "coconuts" are skittles that I colored (they are light green) by shaking the clear ones in a baggy with a few drops of alcohol ink and then letting them dry.

Thanks for traveling down memory lane with me.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Hi Larelyn! Thanks for sharing some of your first cards. These are pretty!! I like those snowflakes and the birdhouse! The swinging monkey is so cute!
Have you kept count of the number of cards you have made since these? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...