Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Potpourri of Cards

I'm back!  We had a wonderful visit with our family, but it was difficult staying away from my scraproom.  I have some challenge cards that are waiting to be cut and assembled. Until I'm caught up, I'll share some cards that were created at the beginning of this wonderful journey. It's Sunday night so I had to take the pictures indoors - sorry about the quality :(.  The first three cards were made before I discovered card sketches and card challenges.
I didn't have too many cartridges when this card was made.  I used Beyond Birthdays and George.

This is my first Tilda card using Prisma pencils and Gamsol.  I've found that I like using Copic markers better than the Prismas, so this card is one of only a few using this technique.   The flower is cut from George and the sentiment is Beyond Birthdays.  I also Cuttlebugged Tilda's background and inked the edges.

This is an anniversary card for my husband.  The Indie Art butterfly and heart are still two of my favorite cuts.  The initials are from Lyrical Letters and the love is from Home Accents.  I added Stickles to inside of the cuts.

This was my first Gypsy challenge card.  For the Gypsy challenges, we don't use sketches, but rather we're given different functions to use in order to better learn all the wonderful things that can be done with the Gypsy.  For this challenge, we were to "flip" an image (birds).  The frames are from Songbird and the birds and branch are from Home Decor, popped on the Cuttlebugged background.  I also added Stickles to the flowers on the branch.

Finally, a card with no Cricut.  The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch.  I added silk flowers with button centers.  Some paper layering, ribbon, and doodling finished the card.

Thanks for continuing to follow me on my journey.  I truly appreciate your comments and those who are willing to become followers.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...