Monday, October 18, 2010

Sweet Christmas Wishes

The Santa's Slackers Challenge is keeping me busy with Christmas card ideas.  A Gingerbread Man took front and center for challenge #7.  I'm liking the country feel of this card - a little different from my usual style. I may make more for my personal collection to be sent out this year.

This gingerbread man is from Just Because Cards.  I cut the shadow and two layers using the hide contour option on the Gypsy so that I could hand draw the face.  I didn't use the base cut because I didn't want the "cuts" that show you where to place the trim.  The tag and shadow are from George.  I inked all the edges with Versa Magic Jumbo Jave - my fave!  I also used Distressed Ink in Antique Linen to age the sentiment paper.  I found the cute little heart brads in my embellie stash, added a hemp tie which if frayed to the tag, popped the gingerbread man and that was it.

I have all my papers laid out for Raq's Challenge so I better get to creating.  And, yes, I treated myself to using all new papers - woohoo!!!

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...