Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quick Tip Tuesday

Today I'm sharing another idea for FCCB's Quick Tip Tuesday.
Rather than tossing your extra Cricut cuts - you know, the ones that are smaller or larger than you wanted, or that you decided not to use afterall - you can use them as masks.
Here's a quick card I made using some extra flower cuts as masks to create the background mat.


I just used a make-up sponge and some ink, but you could use your Copic Airbrush or Mini Misters as well.

Did you notice the "Bug Hop" blinkie at the top of my blog?  Barb, at Bug Bites is sponsoring this hop.  There will be 20 blogs to visit and blog candy along the way. Also, a chance for a special prize for those of you who link up to her blog at the end.
If you're not traveling this holiday weekend, plan on joining us.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

4 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I always love to stop by and admire your BEAUTIFUL cards Larelyn... have a wonderful day my friend. hugs

Kristie Maynard said...

Wonderful tip and what a lovely card you made with this technique! TFS!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Larelyn, this card is just so,so pretty! I love the technique you used...and to think you did that with a makeup sponge!! Great job on today's segment at FCCB, thanks for sharing your wonderful tips!

Stacy said...

Larelyn,
What a great idea, I love this.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Stacy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...