Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tutorial for Hershey Nugget Box

Several of you asked how to make the Hershey Nugget box featured in my FCCB post (below).  It's really quite simple and once you've made one, you'll see it's easy to alter it to fit other treats - I made several last year for Cadbury Eggs.
So, here goes:
1 piece of cardstock cut 91/2 x 4
Score the 91/2 inch side at 5/8, 1 1/4, 8 1/4, and 8 7/8
Score the 4 inch side at 5/8, 1 1/4, 2 3/4 and 3 3/8

1 piece of cardstock( I used patterned cardstock for this piece) cut 5 1/4 x 7
Score the 5 1/4 inch side at 1 1/4, 1 7/8, 3 3/8, and 4

Your score lines should look like this:


Cut out the marked areas on the 9 1/2 x 4 piece:

Then cut on the lines indicated and begin to fold on the score lines.  Place adhesive where indicated by the wiggly lines and then construct your box.  The long sides will be folded in first.

Once your box is complete, add a ribbon loop to pull the box out of the wrapper - I used glue dots:

Fold the wrapper (7 x 5 1/4 piece) along the score lines and adhere in back - be sure to check that the box slides easily in and out before securing the adhesive.  Embellish your wrapper to go with your theme.

Finally, cut seven 3 3/8 x 1 inch strips to wrap around the Hershey Nuggets.  You can add die cut letters or shapes, or you can stamp on the wraps.  It's up to you.

That's it!  Thank you for your kind words.  I'm glad you liked the idea  Now, off you go to try one of your own. 

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn



9 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

how sweet of you to take the time to show all how to make your cute candy box. I know this takes time and I would like to say thank you for sharing. hugs

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for the directions. Your box came out super cute and any teacher would love to get that.

Rita said...

This is a great idea! Thanks for the instructions.

Stacy said...

Larelyn,
Thank you so much for sharing your skills with us. I might have to try and make one of these
Hugs
Stacy

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are so sweet to share your talent with us.. thanks so much for the directions. hugs

beejay said...

Very nice tutorial, very clear and precise, this is on my 'to try' list, tfs!

Glenda said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial! I will have to try this!
Glenda

Jennie Garcia said...

That is an awesome project!! Thanks a million for the tutorial!! TFS!! TaKe Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Thank you for showing EXACTLY how to make this cute project in such great detail that even the "instruction impaired" person like me can understand!! I plan on trying to make this for my children's teachers tomorrow. I'm so glad that happened upon your blog and I'm bookmarking RIGHT NOW!!
Thanks again- Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...