Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Simple Birthday Card

I've really missed playing along with Raq's card sketch challenge posted each week on the Cricut message board.  The gals are always so supportive and give such positive feedback.  I have learned so much from them.  Anyway, I am determined to join in more often, so, here is my card using
sketch #1 (there are usually three sketches posted).
I used Copic markers to color the flower and then added Glossy Accents to the center and a few Stickles on the petals.  The sentiment is heat embossed and I finished the card by adding a few Liquid Pearls.

Did you know that if you flick underneath your card, the Liquid Pearls will settle and you can get rid of that little nib that you often get when applying the Liquid Pearls or Pearl Pen?  Don't do it too hard or the pearl will flatten.  I learned that trick from a gal at my LSS.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Love the card--so pretty! Pretty coloring! I miss the RAQ challenges and talented ladies too! I must find more time to participate!
Glenda

Stacy said...

Larelyn,
Very pretty card. I have not tried the liquid pearls yet but I have seen them on many projects.
They are definatly on my list
Hugs
Stacy

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I thought I had left a comment on this beautiful card... I so wish we could get together and scrap sometime. hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...