Friday, September 30, 2011

Clean and Simple

I wanted to make a card in which I could combine several challenges and still feel like it reflects my style.  I love paper layering with mats and I love clean and simple lines, letting the patterned paper carry the design.  I've had this paper for awhile just waiting for the right design to come along. 
The Sentimental Sundays' challenge asked us to move out of our comfort zone and although this card is my clean, simple, layered style, making it square definitely is not!  I am truly an A2 size card maker so this was tricky for me.  Birthday Sundaes asked for a card with buttons, My Craft Spot asked for something with ribbon, and Mojo Monday provided the sketch (we could use the sketch either square or round).   I think I followed each challenge's guidelines yet maintained my own design style.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  It's my hubby's 50th class reunion and the high school's 100th year so lots of activities going on in our small town.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

6 comments:

Amy said...

Very pretty and great CAS style! :)Amy

Anonymous said...

Super pretty! I love it!!!

NanaConnie said...

Love the color combo you chose, Larelyn. Great use of the sketch.

Tameko said...

Fabulous CAS card. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge.

Joy said...

Great color combo..love the buttons ! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot !
Joy

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and I love how you used the sketch! Great use of your buttons! Thanks for joiniung us at My Craft Spot and at Birthday Sundaes!
Amber

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...