Friday, September 18, 2015

Cut It Up Challenge #80


Hi Crafty Friends, 
Welcome to Challenge #80~Oh Brother! (or Sister/Best Buddy)  Make something for your sibling or someone who is like a sibling to you! 

Since I'm an only child, I made a card for my BFF using a cut file from Miss Kate's Cuttables.


This is actually a title file but I sized it down to fit a 5x7 card base.  I loved the file as it came and didn't want to add much embellishment so I just went for some simple doodling.  I really like the way it turned out.  The Silhouette always amazes me cutting those tiny circles in the flower centers and on the flourish.  I must admit that the choice of card stock makes a huge difference when wanting small or intricate cuts.  I use Doodlebug or American Crafts when I need these types of cuts.

We were asked to share our "OH BROTHER" stories with this challenge.  My BFF and I have known each other for over 40 years.  We worked to together, first in the same school, and later as Curriculum and Instruction coaches.  We presented workshops together and team taught in our Teacher Education Institute.  We have always been of like minds and just find joy in spending time together.  We retired within a year of one another and still spend lots of time together.  Now we are crafting enablers and are loving our crafty times.

Please visit the Cut it Up Challenge blog and enter our challenge.  Besides following the theme, you must include a DIE CUT.
Our challenge sponsor is As Cute as a Button.  They're offering a $20 store certificate.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to have a close friend. It's even better than having a sister -- no memories of childhood fights! :)

The doodling around the edges is really a nice touch, and I love the jewel tone color palette of this beautiful card, Larelyn!

Evelyn

ScrappyHorses said...

Love that cut! It really is beautiful and the doodling is a perfect touch. Your friend is going to love it! Wow, a 40 year friendship, that's amazing!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Such a pretty card for your BFF!!

Leah said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Gerda said...

Beautiful card!!! Your friend will love it!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how CUTE!! Your BFF Will Love this! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...