Friday, June 14, 2019

My Time to Craft Chalenge #399 ~ Watercolor


Hi Crafty Friends,

For our My Time to Craft challenge we're using water colors; pencils, paints, pens, whatever to color an image or create a background.

I watched a Jennifer McGuire video on how to make a split design card and thought this style would be perfect for a background I had water colored and a new stamp I had just purchased.



Isn't this fun?!

I cut the clouds and sea using La-La Land Crafts Stitched Clouds and Hills border dies.  I also cut them in velum for an offset.  The image is Caffeinated Shark from The Rabbit Hole Designs as is the sentiment.  I colored the shark using Copic markers on Gina K Pure Luxury card stock.  The split design is attached to the background that I water colored using Spectrum Noir Aqua pens diluted with water and brushed on with a large bristle brush. 
I think I'll be making other cards using this split design technique.

Please join our water color challenge by following the link above.



Photobucket

3 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Had to comment on this while I was here since it made me chuckle! This is too cute!

Scrapper69 said...

Super cute card! Love that shark!

Theresa

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Love this style of card & the shark is great

Have a great weekend
Hugs Shell xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...