Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And the Card Fairy Missions continue . . .

Today's cards will be mailed to two little girls whose names were given to us as Card Fairy requests.  I used two cartridges that I haven't used very often: Hello Kitty Font and Straight From the Nest.  I really like the layers on SFTN.  Even though I use my Gypsy (especially great for getting the sizing just the way I want it), I find I still refer to my booklets in order to better understand how the layers work.  I keep my booklets alphabetized in snap-ware containers for easy access.  I have also printed out the Preview pages from the Cricut website for each of my cartridges and keep them in plastic sleeves in a binder in alphabetical order for reference.  Sometimes, I'll just sit with that binder and review/remember all the wonderful cuts available on my cartridges.
Hello Kitty and her layers were cut at 3".

The inside cut at 1.5, font and shadow.

This bird is from SFTN cut at 1.5.  I started to use the cartrdge sentiment, but it didn't cut well at the size I needed it, so I made a computer generated sentiment.  I used pop dots between the shadow and the bird body and also on the wing for a little dimension.

Tomorrow I plan to share a few organizational ideas I use and also some handy tricks to make scrapping easier.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Very sweet cards. Can't wait to hear about your tips and tricks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...