Friday, September 10, 2010

Santa's Slackers Card Challenge

Sandi at Sandi's Added Touch and Joy at Purtty Paperz have started a Christmas Card challenge called Santa's Slackers (cute name, huh?)  They are posting a new sketch every Monday in the Cricut Card Forum (www.Cricut.com/messageboard)  and also on their blogs (just click the links above.)  Just think how far ahead you'll be with your Christmas Card stash if you participate.  It sounded too good for me to pass up and I'm hoping that I'll find THE card that will become my holiday card to be mailed to friends and family.

Here is this week's challenge card.  It is supposed to be 5x7 (oops, didn't read that part carefully!), have a cricut cut (mine is the snowflake from Home Accents), and have some bling.  I also used the Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder.

This second card is the first sketch Sandi posted.  It is a square card which I don't often make because square cards require extra postage!  The papers came embossed and shiny so I didn't have to do much.  The sentiment, square, and scalloped square are from Winter Woodland.


I invite you to join in the challenge.  It's a great way to get card ideas.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Both are very nice, but I really love that first card. I'm thinking on what to do for my cards this year and I have an idea, but have to work it out yet. The last two years I had my cards done in October and I'd like to try doing that this year too.
Are you familiar with this blog? http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/
Kristina is planning to do a Christmas card series soon. She did one last year and if you scroll down on the right under Categories there is a link for Holiday Card Series where you can see the ones she did last year. She does some wonderful things!
I'll have to keep my eyes on the Santa's Slackers too. Love new ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...