Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cardinal and Holly

Good Morning Friends,
I hope your December is off to a wonderful start.  It's a busy time but I love every minute of it.  The house is decorated but I still have cards to make and a few last minute gifts.  Today's PCW Design Team project is another that I'll add to my Christmas card inventory.  I've used the Cardinal on Branch digital stamp from Paper Crafting World.


All of the supplies used on this card are from my stash.  I colored the image with Copic markers and then added a marbleized background using B0000, B000, G000 and the blender pen.  I'm taking an online class from Marie Gamber at Color Me Creative.  It's all background techniques and this is the first in the series.  I love the way adding a background brings even more attention to the focal image.

Our PCW leader, Melin is one again presenting her 25 Days of Christmas and Year Round Crafting.
She's sharing some amazing projects along with freebies throughout the event.  Be sure to visit her at

I'd like to enter this card in the Scrapping Everyday Miracles Christmas challenge.
Photobucket

12 comments:

Sonya said...

WOW--so pretty! Great job coloring that gorgeous cardinal!

Melinda Beltran said...

What a gorgeous card! your coloring is truly incredible! I love how you did his chest especially! Fabulous indeed!

Sandy Palmer said...

Larelyn, I have to say, this is such a beautiful card! I am in awe of your coloring! You truly are gifted my friend! Love this card!
Hugs,
Sandy.

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous coloring, Larelyn! Love that background paper. Used to be one of my favorites until I ran out of it. :_D

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

Love the shades of red and green! Scrapping Everyday Miracles is having a Christmas theme challenge, and we'd love for you to enter! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-theme-challenge.html

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Cardinals are my favorite birds and your did a fantastic job with this one.
Thanks for sharing with us at SEM

Brenda said...

Wow Larelyn this is gorgeous!! I love that cardinal and the branch he is on. The papers you used are beautiful too. You color so well my friend. Hugs!

blsd2scrp said...

loving this cardinal so much! great color and details! thanks for joining us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

Nolene Burnett said...

Gorgeous colouring. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Unknown said...

beautiful card! Love cardinals! Thanks for sharing it with us at SEM.

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is gorgeous Larelyn! Your cardinal is beautiful and the marbelized background looks amazing! Love this! xx

Helen Gullett said...

What a pretty cardinal and holly branch card. Stunning coloring.
THANKS for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. Don't forget to join us again for January 2014 Challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...