Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's Almost Here!


Well, I'm in the home stretch - how about you?  The decorating is done, the cards are mailed, the gifts are wrapped.  I think all that's left is the grocery list!  Whew - it takes so much time to get it all done and then, poof, it's over!  Awww, but I love every minute of it.

I love sending handmade cards but my stash of Copic colored cards ran out so I my Cameo came to the rescue.  Here are cards I made using files from Silhouette and Pazzles (I love that we can get Pazzles files in SVG format now).
 For this one I just used the offset feature to create the shadow mat and then colored with Copics.

 I think embossing the craft paper gave it a little more finish.

 Sometimes clean and simple is the way to go.

And for my friends having fun with their Elves on the Shelf, I thought this was perfect.

Finally, my daughter found some wonderful candy canes in which part of the purchase price goes to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  I decided to use the Christmas Moose from the Holiday set 1 at  SVGCuttingFiles.com to dress up the candy cane.  The sentiment is the Merry Chris Moose clip art file from Digi My World.  The Cameo sure made this an easy peasy project.
I also plan on using the Penguins and Gingerbread man that are included in the set.

Thanks for stopping in.  I'm sure you're super busy and I appreciate that you took the time to visit.

My design teams are on break until the first week in January.  Then I'll be back with posts for Delightful Challenges and Digi My World.  Paper Crafting World is taking a little longer break but we are planning a fun blog hop on January 25 which will reunite some of our past team members.

And, on January 4 a brand new challenge blog will debut.  I'll be designing for Open-Minded Crafting Fun.  We'll be featuring digital images from lots of different artists (4 different ones each post) - many you are familiar with and some that are quite new.  I hope you'll join me for our debut challenge.  The blog is up now featuring each of our sponsors and introducing the design team.
Open-Minded Crafting Fun

Until later, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Photobucket

3 comments:

DIANA L. said...

All your cards are beautiful Have a great day and A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

NanaConnie said...

Love every one of these, Larelyn! Wonderful idea to emboss the kraft background, and on the first one, that argyle paper is perfect. The polka dot paper piecing is fabulous on the Elf. My daughter's kids have been having real problems with their elf being so naughty this year -- he ate all the candy canes, spilled flour and tracked it through the house, drew mustaches on all the framed family photos hanging in the main hallway -- sigh. :-D

Lisa said...

All of your cards are so gorgeous, Larelyn!! I love the embossed kraft paper!! And those little reindeer candy canes are adorable!! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season!!

Hugs, Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...