Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Die Cuttin Divas challenge 429 ~ Embossing


Hi Crafty Friends,

Our challenge for Die Cuttin' Divas is EMBOSSING.

There are many different embossing techniques -dry using an embossing folder, using a metal stencil with a stylus, heat embossing and, my new favorite, dry embossing using a stencil.  For today's project I've used  the harlequin stencil from La-La Land Crafts Hearts and Harlequins set to create my embossed background.


To create this effect, I ran the stencil through my Gemini Jr. but added the embossing mat to the stack.  Most of the die cuts and poodle image are from the Club La-La Land April 2019 kit.  I've used papers from an older My Mind's Eye 6x6 stack.  

If you have stencils on hand, you might want to try embossing with them.  It's one more way to extend the possibilities of your crafting supplies.

Come on over and join our challenge.  Just follow the link above. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Larelyn. I love how you replaced the letters with those embellishments. Brilliant idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...