Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hostess Monday at Digital Delights


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's my turn for Hostess Monday at Digital Delights by Louby Loo.   For my project I decided to do an SVG Paper Piecing.  I love Digital Delights digital stamps but sometimes it's fun to try one of the other great Digital Delights products.

I've made a card using the Bat Billy Paper Piecing.


The card is a 5 x 7.  I used my Silhouette to cut out all the pieces which I then inked and added some doodling here and there.  Some ribbon and gems and I have a cute Halloween card.

One thing I've learned when importing SVG files is that the files often import with the pieces already separated - easier to lay out on the virtual mat especially if you want to cut by color.  But then I wonder how all the pieces go together once they are cut.  So, a little trick I use is to copy the colored image from the store and then drop it in my open Silhouette design.  That way I have a picture reference right in front of me as I work.  When I save the file to my Silhouette library, I have the picture reference included with the saved file - easy peasy.

Bat Billy paper piecing

So glad you stopped by today. 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Oh Gosh! Sooo Stinkin' CUTE!!! Adorable Card! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love this wonderful card. That sentiment is adorable. Thanks for the wonderful tip to add the colored image to the Silhouette File. I am going to start doing that right now. Hugs, joann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...