Thursday, December 30, 2010

Challenge Cards

It seems it's been ages since I've been able to complete any cards for RAQ's Challenge on the Cricut mb.  Yesterday I did both sketches.  I think it's a first - both sketches submitted on the first day of the challenge.
I love participating in card challenges and am looking forward to the upcoming weeks when I can be a regular contributor.
I used the Heritage cartridge for this card.  I chose the Accent image on page 58, copied it then flipped one image.  I welded both to a rectangle from George, sized on my Gypsy.  Lots of paper layering and called it done.

The papers for this card (actually both cards) are from my scrap drawers.  The flower is cut from 3 sizes of EK Success punches and then layered.  All I added was a little inking.  I'll save the sentiment for later when I decide how I'll use the card.

I hope you have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve and Day.
May 2011 bring you happiness, love, peace and security.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

5 comments:

Georgiana said...

Beautiful cards and pretty paper.

Happy New Year,
Georgiana

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful cards. I have got to get creating I am having withdrawal! TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very very nice.. I can't wait to get my house back in shape so I can do a little scrapping.. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas my friend..

Kristie Maynard said...

Both the cards turned out really nice! I don't do a lot of challenges, but recently have started doing a few here and there. They do get me to think outside the box and try something new. Maybe that should be a NY resolution, eh?
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours!

Sandy Palmer said...

Larelyn, I just love that thinking of you card, and that swirly boxed frame! I love your color choices too! It is such a cheerful looking card! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...