Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Even though I've been creating Christmas cards for many of the recent challenges, I still haven't quite finished my personal cards.  I keep getting  those darn "card visions" running around in my head late at night or in the early morning hours (boy, have my dream subjects changed since I've gotten older!).  This is one of those visions and I decided to make multiples of this one to mail.  I try to keep in mind that the cards I actually  mail shouldn't have too much raised dimension (foam dots or embellishments) because of the extra postage required for special handling.

I used George for the tree, stretching the triangle on the Gypsy and then embossing it with Divine Swirls.  The star is punched from DCWV glitter paper.  The background border is an EK Success punch and then embossed with Diamonds in the Rough.  The snow is hand cut and embossed with Swiss Dots.  Finally, the tree trunk is embossed with Distressed Stripes.  I played around with different inking and decided that the white on white worked best. 

I'm sorry that the picture is dark.  It's cloudy and rainy so I had to take it indoors. 
I have 6 Crop Kits ready for Sunday's Holiday Crop.  I'm still working on a few more things to take, but at least I know I'll come home with all my Christmas cards ready to mail - woohoo!!

Hugs and Happy Crafting,
Larelyn

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Lovely card Larelyn! I just have to put the stamps on mine and get them in the mail now. Well, I do have a couple special ones I want to make still, but that won't take too long.
I'll be at a crop on Saturday and will have time to finish up, or at least work on a couple gifts. My Happy Place is having a 12 days of Christmas crop. We each have a number and bring that many of something for each of the 12 people there. I found a fabulous deal on Core'dinations and will be giving that. I think we'll have a ball.
Have fun with yours too!

Peggy T. said...

Very nice card, Larelyn. Have fun on your Holiday crop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...